Wednesday, January 13, 2010

the judgement

this is one of the deepest thoughts of me.....and i hope some of u would be kind enuf to connect to them..


that day,i was waiting for sum1 near FC..and had a hoard of really cool guys around me...(he he).and once again,i heard what i shouldnt have...or what i didnt want to...

the guys were discussing their future girlfriends....talking abt them,and coming up with ideas of hw to propose.one of them said to the other one,"How is that girl standing over there...?" and he was pointing towards me.

and once again,as usual,i heard the other guy saying,"Nah yaar...shes too dark."

i still dont understand why does the skin color come in way of discussing a potential girlfriend.arent dark girls like me capable of being loved?is it just what friends say when they meet ur gf that matters?do looks count to evrything?ever do guys think of what we feel when we get such remarks?

i tried to get over the feeling i was getting when i heard that.but i couldnt.and i left....with lots of thoughts,both good and bad,in my mind.many such incidences have come my way till now,and i cant possibly forget them.do i thank God for making me not just a sex object in the eyes of ppl like them or do i curse God for not making me fair like everyone wants?do i thank the ppl who like me not because of my skin color but my qualities or do i blame 'cool guys' for not liking me?do i stop wearing Red or Purple or do i say i look good in it?

is this how ppl judge me?if yes,i dont want to be judged...

3 comments:

  1. Hello! We have never met, but I was reading this blog and even your previous post touched my heart! I am a guy myself and have seen other guys behave the way you have said in this post!

    If it makes you feel any better, I fucking give them a huge lecture if they start talking even about any random girl they see anywhere, let alone her looks. I personally hate this kind of behaviour.

    All I want to say is, there will always be ppl who don't give a damn about what colour your skin is, or what clothes you wear, or what hairstyle you are sporting; and there will always be "cool guys" who will talk the way you described in the post.

    My question is, why do you call them "cool"? Just because they hang out a lot, bunk colg, have loads of cash stashed in there pockets, come on fancy bikes, eat at hotels, maybe smoke, drink?

    None of the above defines cool. All of the above define "stupid". And I believe, what "stupid" guys think abt you should not make a difference in your life!

    I hope you get what I am trying to say, and I hope it helps.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if u think u are dark.........then how do u have tonnes of memories with u which others dnt have?.........life is not about looking sexy......those are the memories which live with u till the end...................be proud

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Akhil....yes.i know there are such people out there...and believe me,i have even met the best of them!thanks.

    @ Harry...yup.i have memories.the best ones and with the best person in the whole world.i know i shud be proud.and if u check the date of this blog,u ll come to know that this is kinda very old.i was immature at that time...as u always say it!

    ReplyDelete